Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

a kind letter to Jannie Blackwell who deserves a commendation from the CITY OF pHILADELPHIA

Brother Tracy Gibson


670 North 41st Street
APT B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 – 5202
1 [ 215 ] 823  -- 9985
Dear Jannie L. Blackwell:
     I would first like to thank you for your 26 Plus years of service to the community of West Philadelphia. I look back at your time in office & I see dedication, hard work, team playing, a great attitude, concern for the Black community, a special concern on the issue of Education, a fighter to keep Libraries, public pools & recreation centers open as well as a fighter against the gentrification of Black neighborhoods. Your tireless, High-energy level of work& dedication is renowned throughout the state.
     [ Please know that the above statement is written by me --  a registered Republican  --  & in authentic, Real & heart-felt.].
     At the same time I know a great deal about work & when it is time to leave work and just sit back & go fishing, relax, & enjoy family & life.
     Perhaps I am out of place, but I want you to consider stepping down & retiring from your position as city councilwoman for the 3rd District of Philadelphia. I want you to retire while you are on top of your situation  -- where you have helped hundreds of people, are respected & -- frankly --  LOVed.
     We talk endlessly about How we want to help young Black people, and yet your seat, a plum in the political Realm here in Philadelphia, is blocked from their access because you have a powerful political name & are so dedicated.
     I would like to be one of the people who work to help you and other concerned West Philadelphians choose a successor for your Council seat.
     I know the new council person will lose years of seniority, but West Philadelphia deeply needs Fresh & innovative ideas, a fresh  face & fresh, clean energy.
     Part of the reason so Few people vote in Philadelphia is because they are not excited, not motivated, & are tired of the same old story and the same old way of dealing with the same problems.
     Technology is being used to re-enslave our people, regardless of skin color. It is about being cast in roles that won’t change even if you have a high level of qualifications, a good attitude, & are willing to work hard.
     I remember when your office actually sent out letters & resumes for me to find a job  -- about 20 years ago. Yet, somehow, I feel I have been blocked out of curtain jobs & opportunities because I have challenged the system & have constantly said we can do better.
     With all due respect, I want you to step down with all your natural GRACE & DIGNITY intact,& let someone between 23 to 35-years ole take over the 3rd District.
     Someone with a high level of education, high level of dedication & a high level of knowhow, skill & a high-level of effective innovative thinking & action-taking.
     No matter if you comply or not, you will go down in history as one of the most enchanting & dedicated city workers on ta par with people like Doctor Ethel D. Allen & Thacher Longstreth.
     I wish you all the Best in the world, & I hope to hear from you very soon as we work diligently to find new blood to bring dramatic, Pro-Black change to West Philadelphia in an exciting, new Manner.
 
Gratefully True,
 
Tracy Charles Gibson,
 
Chief Executive of
Brother Tracy Gibson & Associates, Incorporated
& our various subsidiaries,

No comments:

Post a Comment