Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

anti-gentrification plans


🌍😁🔓🏦🏦🎹😇😎Subject: anti-gentrification plans (public or private)

*The Gibson Anti-Gentrification Bill for City Council *

 *(or for the corporate structure)*

  ******I am proposing a bill from City Council or a corporate plan*

 that helps indigenous Black community people in Philadelphia maintain their

 homes by taking mostly privately raised money and making very low interests

 loans available to Philadelphia home owners.  This would help people who

 live in the community to fix up their homes without losing them and keep

 neighborhoods stable as rudimentary changes happen to the neighborhoods*.

 (please see editor’s note)…* Another component to the bill (or corporate

 plan) is if people are losing their homes a few trusted corporations would

 be able to buy neighborhood houses from owners; fix them up and rent them

 back to the very same owners. The owners would get a rent-to-buy lease and

 eventually be able to buy back their same house that would be fixed up

 properly by a qualified and city and community accepted contractor. I feel

 this would help stabilize neighborhoods like North Philadelphia and West

 Philadelphia that have been so gentrified recently.  This Bill (or

 corporate financial structure) does not have to have my name on it. I am

 only putting my name on it right now for record-keeping purposes.  The

 giver of private donations would have to agree to have that information  --

 How much they released to the public – released to the public, the

 government and the media. Funds given from the Black community could also

 be collected through well established and accepted community groups with a

 trusted track record. This needs to be worked out with some activist

 housing lawyers and maybe some government officials. I think it will help

 end the heat of gentrification and help many Black people maintain

 possession of their homes. This, in turn, as you know, will help stabilize

 Black neighborhoods.

 *Editor’s note*, I am a writer – activist working in Philadelphia. You may

 know me or you may have heard of my work. Recently I was about to give up

 my disability benefits, and asked to be taken off the Social Security

 Disability rolls on Thursday august 3. I know I will find a good job by

 September 3. Unfortunately, Social Security in their infinite wisdom, took

 me off the rolls a month early, which turned everything – so carefully

 planned – upside down.  (Frankly, I think, in the age of the current

 regime, I think it was done on purpose as a successful political harassment

 effort.) So, Sisters and Brothers, I could use about $500.00 to cover rent

 and the phone bill. I will get food from the Church Pantries for now. All

 thanks go to those who can help. My work goes on. I have recently acquired

 six students, but don’t have the money to pay them (I want to put them on

 payroll for $15.00 an hour and have a bank account and have selected a

 payroll company – the same one the Black Bank, United Bank, uses here in

 Philadelphia. So Sisters and Brothers, please refer me to possible

 funders.).  I thank you again. Reach me at home at 1 (215) 823 9985 or

BrotherTracy11@gmail.com) .--  By the Way, for you lawyers, you can call

 attorney – activist Michael Coard or e-mail Him at MichaleCoard@msn.com to

 verify my status as an official Black activist here in Philadelphia and a

 member in good standing of Avenging the Ancestors Coalition.

 CC, Michael Coard, Black Lives Matter, The Congress of Black Women,

 NAACP,  Radical

 Black lawyers, Barristers, Operation Industrial Centers and OIC

 International, Black Clergy,  Al Sharpton, The Hunters of D.C.,

 Philadelphia Tribune, Black Wall Street, Philadelphia Sunday Sun, WURD

 Black Talk Radio of Philadelphia, Bob Marley Foundation, Magic Johnson

 Foundation, Housing Activists,  Michael Jordan Foundation, Please forward

 to others, as well.  Please look for my ``*DAY OF FREEDOM, JUSTICE,

 EQUAL

No comments:

Post a Comment