Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Comments on Inter Racial Relationships....


On Interracial Relationships…



The selection of who one chooses to love is a very personal decision. Sometimes , personality wise, total opposites attract. Sometimes different races of people end up attracted to each other. While I have personally almost always found myself attracted to men of the same race, other people have not. Some people find themselves attracted to people of the race other than their own.

Regardless of their station in life some people try to hand down some type of decree that says ``thou shall not cross racial lines when choosing an interpersonal partner or relationship.’’ While some people find this idea bone-headed and or pig headed, others live by such a decree for their entire lives. . A person, it seems, can hand down such a decree for there self and try to live within those bounds for there self, but to try to dictate this for others is ludicrous. People will find there self confounded time and time again because others are going to want who they want not who you would like them to want—regardless if the person in question is a close relative of yours such as a parent or child. To try to make such a personal decision for someone else just is not fair, no matter how much you would like to see ``racial purity’’ in your family or among your friends.

It is funny for me to make that statement because for myself, I choose to almost always stay within the Black race for the person I choose to spend intimate time with. [By the Way I think such choices are very personal and that each person must be considered on His own merit. I choose NOT to be intimate with three or four men in a short time. I Will date men one at a time and choose one and stay with them intimately for a number of years. Now that I am 56 years old, this is easier to do as I have boiled off some of those hot sexual forces. Even at my age however, I still have a sex drive, but I try and usually succeed at not allowing such drives to control my life and daily actions.]

There are certain races of people who have groupings among them that have cultural traditions that include racial profiling when it comes to ``choosing’’ mates for children. These traditions often date back thousands of years and are very hard to go against—sometimes even impossible to go against. Such traditions are found among some Africans, East Indians and the Chinese, to mention just a few. One of the oldest and most popular love stories in Western Civilization is ``Romeo & Juliet.’’ It speaks of how family hatreds are bore out when love goes against tradition. It is a Classic Example of human conflict between families [the Montigues and the ?] that centers on Young LOVE…



Maybe GOD created LOVE to make men and women happy (and Same Gender Loving people also) and to make the process of procreation more workable. The fact that some people choose partners outside of their racial grouping can often complicate things for families and bring out the worse hatreds imaginable. I fully understand how, on the other hand, some families want to maintain the family lie and only allow certain people, sometimes of the same race, to be with certain members of the family—the young people looking for mates. I think We have to have an open mind on this.

One thing is apparent with this question of interracial relations. You have to consider the station a person is in in life; what income level they are; what their education level is; their physical makeup; their personal hygiene habits; how they think about the world; do they see the world through the eyes of oppressors and oppressed?; do they themselves have an open mind; what do they want from an intimate relationship; do they also want a business partner? These issues are important and should NOT be thrown to the wind when selecting a mate or close intimate partner, no matter what race the partner is. These considerations need to be taken into consideration even if a family or a group such as a church is considering who to choose for an individual.

Because I am 56, I still have traditional values like wanting the person to be of a certain age: 32 to 64, for example. And I don’t want someone who I have to do a lot of work with, even though I myself need some more work, even after a lot of self-work and self-healing on my own part. [For example I need to lose about 35 pounds and be a little more confident.]

This article is somewhat complete, but is still evolving.

No comments:

Post a Comment