Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

we have ALL adjusted to insanity...

Many people believe that because I have a background of mental illness that I should not be listened to and that I should be put on the back shelf and ignored. Some of these same people call themselves my friends. Most of them don't like me or truly hate me. Most people who truly hate me really hate something deep inside themselves or want to keep up a social atmosphere and a society that continues to be a hoax, a fallacy, a fantasy {and usually NOT a good one}, and a society that really shows little reality about itself. But the Reality is coming out.










Instead of judging me as an insane person, pay close attention to what and who your children are watching on tv. If it continues to be little wayne and a host of other popular celebrities from the so-called hip hop era that is where the insanity exists in your child's life. I have a path back to sanity.









The fact that I am overweight and a homosexual make the matrix that makes up what I am even that much more difficult to fully accept and understand let alone follow as a political perspective...









I have written extensively about my sexuality and have been open to criticism and comment. I only ask to be treated with respect and dignity and I promise to respond in kind. I love all kinds of people and I want what I have to say to reach ears and minds in Egypt, Asia, Indonesia, Africa The Middle East, North America, South America, Brazil and South Africa, Russia, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Venezuela, Panama and Benin. I especially love my people--Black people--because we have suffered for generation after generation and there is always an excuse from the power structure and, frankly, us, as to why we are not free. {See article on Self-love on my Blog--The Power of Being Black and Loving It...}









I want to be an international leader because I feel what I have to say is very, very important....









But the more I learn about life in general and particularly life in North America the more I have come to realize that we have adjusted to a real form and level of insanity here in the states. We have come, as Black and other Non-White communities, to accept our oppression and even relish in it. Every time we shop at Wal-Mart or when we buy Exxon gas, or buy Brawnie Paper Towels, or support AT&T we are sticking the knife of oppression in our own back and helping our oppressor to twist it, turn it and stick in in further...



{Let me give some information and background here: Brawnie Paper Towels is owned by the Koch Brother, a couple of White Billionaires {blood Brothers} who donate extensively to the Tea Party and a host of other Conservative and radical right wing causes; AT&T has also contributed extensively to the Tea Party; Exxon has show flagrant disregard for our environment and has their CEO paid millions when the price of gasoline is artificially inflated on the world market. They also pay very little in taxes to the U.S. government's IRS. Wal-Mart is the King of Bad Union relations and Bad Employee relations. They had an enormous law suite against them that pertained to their corporate treatment and failure to properly promote women in the workplace.}









We eat fast foot that is killing us and because it is advertised on TV we readily accept it and consume it. The level of salt, fat and sugar we get from a super-sized meal from McDonald's is enough, if eaten regularly, to kill a full-sized APE over time. Yet we eat it and ask no questions. Then we look shocked when we go to the doctor and find out we have cancer, high-blood pressure, sugar diabetes, heart ailments, swollen ankles, swollen joints, insomnia, head aches and a variety of other ailments that come with the sodas we drink and the so-called food we eat at McDonald's.









There have been two or three generations of Black men who have spoken out about our diets before starting with Elijah Muhammad's ``How to Eat to Live; and books by Dick Gregory such as ``Dick Gregory's Natural Diet for Folk Who Eat: Cookin' With Mother Nature,'' by Dick Gregory and James R. McGraw {1974}; and books by Gary Null such as: ``Get Healthy Now! A Complete Guide to Prevention, Treatment and Healthy Living,'' by Gary Null and Amy McDonald.; also by Gary Null: ``The Joy of Juicing: Creative Cooking with Your Juicer: Completely Revised and Updated,'' by Ph D. Gary Null and Shelly Null. We listened for a few years, but with the tumultuous and pervasive avalanche of TV advertising {by some informed estimates a Billion Dollars a year for McDonald's alone} our heads are turned and like programmed and controlled robots we follow along and don't think for ourselves, ask questions and make informed and smart decisions. We have been fooled into believing that we must follow along and follow orders, like the Nazi's did. You see where that got us? We must start thinking for ourselves.









Yes, I was hospitalized about seven times for anger, depression and nervous upsets {much of it job related during my tenure at TV Guide Magazine} but I have largely pulled away from and conquered what was illing me and have been on a long, long journey to heal myself and live a better life. It has required me to do without sex for two years; it has required that I pull away from the TV; it has required that I totally change what I eat; it has required that I go for walks, sometimes long walks; It has required that I go to the Library and do the necessary research and read and study and write. But I am living in more reality than MOST North Americans, although I still have my fantasy moments and must keep in the correct path as I go along in this life....



This has all been part of pulling myself out of the insanity that our society has us addicted to and, sadly, adjusted to. We live in a society controlled mostly by an insane, out of control corporate sector and a Government that provides almost full cover for them on the local, state and Federal level. It is a picture we have to step out of to fully see, understand and appreciate.



The movies we watch are filled with violence; the best-selling books we read do very little to instill better higher values; and we eat foods at expensive restaurants that does little to nothing to build up our health and endurance.



Guns are freely available and gun play on TV and in movies is widely accepted as entertainment. When will it end? When we decide enough is enough and take control of ourselves, our minds, and our families. That is when it will end.



Just like we don't have to accept the heroin or cocaine that has for too many of our Brothers and Sisters corrupted and abused them, we don't have to lay still and accept putting sugary sodas in our veins and the fat around our hearts that comes with the quarter pound er with cheese.



{See ``Getting Help'' On the Blog if you need to talk to someone or are getting angry about reading my interpretation of the truth.



The way I see things is just that--the way I see things. Your reality may, in fact, be something completely different. However, I should note that I have been in therapy for years and have had my perceptions of what is really real totally revamped, while many others have not. The World View I have is different from the regular North American who is more satisfied with being a consumer and making it paycheck to paycheck.









Copyright warnings and infringements from ``It's Your Biz,'' By Susan Wilson Solovic, with Ellen R. Kadin and a forward by Edie Weiner. Page 150...















``Because I write many columns and blog posts for a variety of companies and media organizations, I use search-engine tools to alert me if anyone is picking up and using my material. Some people have literally copied my writing and presented it as their own, even though this is an obvious copyright infringement. There are both civil and criminal penalties for copyright violations, and the severity of the penalties depends on the situation.''



No comments:

Post a Comment