Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Doctor Hunter's Trip To Cuba {In Progress}

Doctor Keith Hunter’s Trip to Cuba; December 2012;


My Brother-in-Law visited Cuba in December to attend the Havana Jazz Festival. Among those He heard play were; Chu Cho Valdez and Roy Hargrove; Doc Hunter said that there are now more modern cars in Cuba including the Chinese Geely; the German Mercedes Ben's and a Russian made car as well. Doctor Hunter found people to be Hospital, likable and friendly when he stayed in a bed-in-breakfast like place called a Hotel Pascelicula ?? Which allows for some small amount of Capitalism among the people. Doc Hunter said the people were ``not impressed’’ with tourists like one might find in other parts of the world such as Europe because people just aren’t like that in Cuba. I mentioned my own trip to Cuba back in 1991 with the Ventermious Brigade and how I found the people just delightful, wonderful and friendly. I mentioned how I had met a policeman who was talking with some young ladies and I found him ``friendly’’ as well, whereas police in the States sometimes can be hostile towards people f color, especially Black youth. I also remembered working in the Yuka fields and being diagnosed with High Blood Pressure {and getting my first medicine for that illness right there in CUBA}



Doc Hunter said he stayed in the Hotel Pascelocula for about $25 a day and that he paid for breakfast separately. He also got a chance to intermingle with the locals and walked around openly at night. Doc Hunter said that Havana is supposed to be ``the largest city in the Caribbean’’ with about 2.2 million people. While Doc Hunter was there he got a little Montezuma’s Revenge on the way back, but has fully recovered.

Copyright warnings and infringements from ``It's Your Biz,'' By Susan Wilson Solovic, with Ellen R. Kadin and a forward by Edie Weiner. Page 150...

``Because I write many columns and blog posts for a variety of companies and media organizations, I use search-engine tools to alert me if anyone is picking up and using my material. Some people have literally copied my writing and presented it as their own, even though this is an obvious copyright infringement. There are both civil and criminal penalties for copyright violations, and the severity of the penalties depends on the situation.''

No comments:

Post a Comment