Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Black Owned and Opperated: Family Variety And Deli.....

There is a small Deli on 52nd Street near Larch Wood, right across the street from the Old Black Oak Park {Now refurbished and called Malcolm X Park}. The Deli is called Family Variety and Deli. It is totally Black Owned and Operated.  They have a variety of sandwiches and platters. The platters are sold mostly on Friday's after about 3 P.M.  The food is quite tasty and healthy.  I always enjoy the food when I get there.  It is a total take-out place, but their Chicken Stakes are really good, but I especially like the Navy Bean Soup that they sell beginning in September.  Sometimes there is a line for that alone.  It rivals the Navy Bean Soup that they used to sell at the Patterson's Restaurant on 5th and Spring Garden that I used to take my now deceased mother to.  I'm talking about really, really good soup.  The old Patterson's Restaurant is now closed, but I have heard it might open again near Broad and Girard.  The one on 5th and Spring Garden burned down years ago.  It is a good thing to find a few Black restaurants to go to consistently that you really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment