Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Letter to Potential Publishing Agent.... # 2

February 11, 2013 [Monday]


TO: Ms. Victoria Sanders and Associates, LLC

241 Avenue of the Americas,

Suite 11H

New York, New York 10014

From: Brother Tracy Gibson, Founder, President and CEO

OF: Brother Tracy Gibson and Associates, Inc.;

And: The Black Millionaire’s Network…

213 South 49th Street

Philadelphia, Pa 19139-4205

2154716494

BLockBoi75@Yahoo.Com

BrotherTracy11@GMai.Com



Dear Ms. Sanders:

I see you helped publish a book entitled: ``Can’t Stop Won’t Stop: A History of the Hip Hop Generation,’’ by Jeff Chang. I am a Black writer who is very interested in helping Black youth and I have two books that I think will help significantly. I have also self-published a few hundred books in the past: [I mean actual copies of my book, not 200 titles.]. A book of poetry [``Words from My Heart and Soul: Poems from Tracy C. Kokayi Gibson’’; and a first edition of my current volume ``The Reawakening of the African Diaspora’’ [The title has since been changed to ``Writing in Wet Cement.’’

Right now I am working on publishing two works that have taken me about 15 years to write. 1] ``A Gather of Children: A Fantasy World of Real Life Poems,’’ [officially copyrighted on November 10th, 2011 Registration number PAu3-598-753]: and 2] ``Writing in Wet Cement.’’ [This 681 Page Volume has NOT been officially copyrighted as of February 11th, 2013]. I Will start with the second book first. ``Writing in Wet Cement,’’ is a work that is about 681 pages in length, but is chock full of my life story as a Black Gay writer who has ALWAYS been socially and politically active [since the age of 18]. It is designed to give our Black males hope, strength, mental endurance, political consciousness, an ethical code and a moral base of operation to not only survive life in North America, but to flourish in a positive Way. My goal in writing the book is to help Black males be a REAL attribute to the community in which they live instead of considered a detriment and a financial burden.

This book is filled with political analysis of the pertinent political, social and economic issues of the day and suggestions as to how to get involved on the grass-roots level in a positive, effective, progressive and on-going manner to help make a difference. It also describes how to successfully and effectively get involved in entrepreneurship and how to enhance and improve on life in the so-called ``ghetto.’’ Also explored: how to keep families together through the mentorship programs that already exist and / or how to start or get involved in such a mentorship program. The book is designed to get Black males involved, but is also for others in our community who have lost their way, but who have the sensibilities and awareness to know that they need help and want to get it. There is so much an individual can do. Especially with the right motivation, goal direction, fine tuning, pride and self-purpose. This book is designed to help create stable, centered, motivated, ethical leaders in our community. I also think it will help young men who are self-identified as gay or as men who have sex with men—a group that is more numerous than many of their parents have any idea about. It is also just a fun and upbeat read!!! Suggested ages for the book range from 15 to 85.

Each section has a paragraph or two on solutions about how to solve the problems or subjects that are discussed in the previous section. How to properly take advantage of the information in a safe, secure, proactive and positive Way is also included in the Solutions Sections.

It is my heartfelt belief that this book Will be of most value to Black youth and their parents, grandparents and guardians who are looking for examples of successes, positive role models [I’m not just talking about me, but Celebrities such as Denzel Washington, Malcolm X and John Legend are profiled and discussed as well as local heroes such as the 80-year-old, now deceased activist, Mr. Bill Hill who dedicated 50 years of His life to protest politics and making a difference. [He was like a Father to me personally.]

I have not had the courage to have anybody read the entire book because it is not properly registered with the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. [I sent the volume in, but never received a certified response from the Library of Congress that it was fully, completely and officially copyrighted and registered. I wrote them a second time, but have NOT heard back. I Will write them again soon. They did say they received it, however, but it was under the name: ``The Reawakening of the African Diaspora.’’ ]. {This is the name I originally had for the volume.} I have sent part of the book , [chapters and certain articles] out to allow people—friends and supporters-- to read it and have generally gotten good responses so far.

I have sent a partial outline of the chapters to Writer Charles Fuller—who as you know won a Pulitzer Prize for his work: ``A Solder’s Play,’’ [1982]. I have also sent letters to several publishers including Random House; the Harvard Press; and the Ohio State Press; Curtiss Publishing and to several writers including Sonya Sanchez, the celebrated Philadelphia-based poet. I am also planning to send letters of inquiry to Professor Charles Blockson, Professor Tony Montero, Professor Lynn Washington and Professor Molefi Kete Asante all of Philadelphia’s Temple University. [Professor Montero and Professor Asante I know personally and both have published.]

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.



With Peace, Blessings, Real Justice and LOVE,







Brother Tracy Gibson…

No comments:

Post a Comment