Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Letter to Tavis Smiley and Professor Cornell West

Dear Tavis Smiley and Professor Cornell West:

I know what you are doing and I like what you are doing.  Many of our people just pulled the wool over their own eyes, if a may use a cliche, and stuck their heads in the sand, if I may use yet another cliche, and refused to examine some of the seamier things and laws our President has signed into our lives.  The Patriot Act II and the new National Security Act are threatening to our way of living, the U.S. Constitution, our Civil Liberties and Human Rights as Black people, as low-income people especially, and as Progressive Thinkers. But these laws are a threat to ALL American's rights and MUST be repealed as quickly as possible.    Yet we decide to not know about these things and think President Obama is just ``perfect''...  He is not the worse man in the world, but he is certainly not being transparent about those laws {and others} and the fact that we no longer have the real and clear right to assemble, the right to peacefully protest and organize freely.

These belocouse anti-people laws are the type of laws that generated the Apartheid System in South Africa and MUST be petitioned against, worked against, and abolished. 

The fact that you two gentlemen {West and Smiley} have taken on so many causes that are impacting on us as Black people, is commendable and needed.  I think, as I know you two do also, that our Black males and youth need special attention. I took eight years of my life to work out what I think is a partial solution to at least get parents and young men to think more clearly, openly and honestly on the many subjects that impact us as Black people.  It took me about that long to write: ``A Grass-Roots Criteria for Liberation: Writing in Wet Cement,'' By Brother Tracy Gibson.  The book is a journey through my life and is replete with political analysis; funny family stories; and informative dialogue and journalism that will help build better character traits {such as responsibility; reliability; political astuteness; dealing with police confrontations in a non-threatening, safe manner; dealing with peer conflicts in a positive and non-violent manner; respecting elders; and survival skills for our young people.}. I have been finalizing an outline to present to Writer / Playwright Charles Fuller who I met personally and who may be able to help me get the volume published.  If there are any suggestions you can offer that will help, I hope you will get into contact with me as soon as possible.  I should have the outline completed by January 15th, 2013. The articles in the book are short, which I think will help maintain interests among our youth who are having a problem with attention spans because of their being raised on video games, computers and i-Pods. However, with the help of the creator, and the positive powers of our ANCESTORS and LIVING ANCESTORS there is no problem Too Big to dismantle, figure out, resolve and reconstruct as a solution to that same problem!!!

If you require any more information, please let me know. I have enclosed a resume for your consideration.  

With Peace, Blessings and LOVe,


Brother Tracy Gibson.....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment