Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

a ``personal letter'' to Diana Ross

A Personal Letter to Diana Ross..

TO: Diana Ross
Care of: Ms Oprah Winfrey
5700 Wilshire Boulevard., Suit 120
Los Angeles, California   90036

FROM: Brother Tracy Gibson

Leading Member of:

The Black Millionaire’s Network

Post Office Box: 42878

Philadelphia, PA 19101-2878

1.215.471.64.94

BLockBoi75@Yahoo.Com


Dear Ms. Ross:

I would like to come to California to visit with you and possibly some of your family members. I am ``told’’ that I will have some money soon to be able to afford such a journey. It would be nice for me, but I want to bring a friend along who simply adores you. His name is Robert Mason. He lives in Jersey City, New Jersey and I haven’t seen Him in years. He is a Great Brother who once raised $5,000.00 for His church by simply throwing a lavish Birthday Party for Himself and making it into a Church Concert. The event was replete with Old Show Tunes {Oh, good grief, how Gay!!} and some Gospel Selections. How many regular people do you know of who would do such a thing and then give ALL the money to their Church? I could go on about Robert for a few pages. Let me just say that He has never been happy and lucky with love and relationships, but there is Two People who have been in His life with consistency and who He has never stopped loving—that would be you Miss. Ross--and of course GOD--NOT necessarily in that order.... If I could have lunch with you at your private home, well Robert would be beside Himself—which is something I have been wanting to see for years. In fact, Since we have been friends, I haven’t seen Robert in about 10 years, possibly even much more than that. {We have been friends for about 31 years}... We don’t presently have a car and I have been stuck here in Philadelphia trying to get my books published and My businesses off the ground.... {Before I forget, could you give Maurice Hines a call for me and ask Him to fund the ADODI Film I mentioned in the letter I sent Him? {It is entitled: ``ADODI: --25 Years And Beyond: Claiming the Legacy, Continuing the Legend.'' Directed by Rod Patrick Risbrook.} I know we haven’t met, but this is a film about a Black support group for Same Gender Loving Black men that has an illustrious History, [Adodi that is] of which I am a part. I REALLY want to get that film completed. I only asked Him for $25,000.00. Considering the many, many Blessings that the Good Lord has bestowed on Mr. Hines, I don’t think that is much to ask. Especially because when the film previews in New York we can have a Big Shin Dig and invite Him [Maurice] and really enjoy the evening. I plan to list Mr. Hines as a sponsor of the film. You can find out more about Adodi by logging onto www.ADODINewYork.com.
I’m praying He [Mr. Maurice Hines] will agree to fund the project because ADODI has helped me, through process, many, many more times than I will ever even be able to repay or imagine. [It is a support group with chapters in Detroit, New York and Chicago; and one pending here in Philadelphia {where the organization all started under the leadership of One Clifford Rawlins in Circa May, 1986—who is now passed away]. We also have chapters pending in Atlanta, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. I believe—don’t quote me because even though I’m an early member of Adodi, I’m NOT among the leadership right now. At least NOT in an active chapter...] But I’m not writing to talk about Adodi.

I really want to give you some constructive feedback about your life and career and How you have really been a good Mom—which to me is more valuable than any silly old singing / acting career one might have anyway. [Of course for people Like Me, who don't have children, I guess the career is as important as having children to them and maybe GOD looks at it that Way as Well...] Some people out there in California really missed the boat on this one anyway. You didn’t, you didn’t miss the boat I mean… …and no I’m NOT talking about the Titanic. I’m talking about the Boat that GOD is letting people on that leads to being remembered as basically a good person. I simply loved ``Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,’’ and ``Reach Out and Touch Somebody’s Hand,’’ because they are about love and determination—two things I have had to have with determined consistency over the years. Especially since I have TRIED to start my business and get it underway. But the song that literally slapped me on the buns was ``Love Hangover.’’ Its’ obsessive demeanor and heavy beat captivated me from Day One. You sounded so sexy and sultry and you didn’t seem to be ``putting on’’--you were serious about the content of that record. It captivated me. It paid homage to my own sexiness and my own self as a sexual person. I could listen to it a thousand times and never get tired of it. I had it on a regular LP to let you know how far back I go as a fan, but like I said, it is Robert Mason who truly loves you—I am only a slight fan compared to Brother Robert Mason. One of my Best Friends ever. 

So Please let me know if us two city cats can come out to mumbo jumbo with you and your family. I would be very interested in meeting with Tracey Ross [who starred in ``Girlfriends'' ] and your son who starred in ``Mooz-lum,'' Mr. Evan Ross. {I saw that movie and thought his serious and somewhat disturbed characterization of the main character was superb for such a young actor.} [By the way, if you haven’t seen Denzel Washington in ``Flight’’ you just have to see it. It is the best, most socially important movie He has ever made. I think it is even more important a film than ``Malcolm X’’ was because it deals with inner struggle—and I know from experience that this is of the utmost importance to many, many people including so-called oppressed people such as many Black and Latin people and also poor people of ALL races, colors and ethnic backgrounds and religious backgrounds, and others who deal with denial and addiction. We are great for covering up the truth here in North America. ``Flight,’’ rips off an unhealed scab and makes us look at the sores that are not so pretty. A ``reality event’’ that is really, really needed….

Something tells me I want to talk about you a bit more and then about my books. [I HAVE to close with a word about GOD because I DO want to wake up tomorrow. You know She really doesn't HAVE to wake US up.]  I’m having trouble getting My books published. I think there was a lot of glamour and glitter surrounding you when you were very young. This is not an easy thing. Especially when some of the people surrounding you were not taking your best considerations at heart, but were, in fact, taking most of your money and putting it directly into their own pockets. {You know ALL about that, now don't you Ms. Ross?} I won’t mention Berry Gordy’s name by first and last name, but I think you know who I’m talking about. [We have some of the same situations going on here in Philadelphia where our one and only Kenny Gamble of Philadelphia International Records is rumored to actually be a Republican and also said to NOT have paid many of his musicians good and proper wages BACK WHEN HE MADE ALL THOSE hits LIKE ``Ship A' Hoy,'' for the O' Jays and the HITS for Mother, Father, Sister Brother... Those orchestrations were sublime. And that goes Way back some time now. I haven’t spoken to him, so I don’t know all the details first hand. I don’t know how he did with paying proper wages to the many stars he created. But I have heard talk that many, many people were never paid correctly. I find that to be a real shame...If it is true, if it is NOT true, I pray Mr. Gamble Will forgive Me...].....

But back to you Miss Ross. I never understood why you didn’t do more movies, until I saw you profiled with many of your family members on a tv special. You wanted to spend your valuable time raising your family. This is a good and commendable thing and something I don’t think you will ever regret. So many star-powered Mothers and Dads take too much time away from family duties and leave the raising of the children to others who just don’t have the ego involvement and tender care qualities to be able to do the job correctly, properly and with due diligence and consistency..... And I think parenting is the MOST important job anyone In the world could ever have… [Not to harp on the Bushes, but we should have known something was wrong when their daughters were such misbehaving ingrates… I’m not here to judge, I'm just presenting the facts—OK, I do judge from time to time also. {If you know me you know that trying NOT to judge others is like trying to keep your fingers out of the sweetest cake batter in the world, for me}]… It is very hard for me, but I judge Myself equally harshly so I hope things balance out.... The fact that you took so much time with your family is magnificent and will pay off for your wonderful children in a multitude of Ways for quite some time, if not for the rest of their lives. I know the entertainment business is NOT an easy thing—there is always someone waiting in the wings for you to fail, make a fool of yourself and NOT get that award you wanted or that job you wanted.

We need to be about creating a more Progressive Entertainment division that is ``People of Color’’ owned, {Mostly Black and Latin}, Progressive in demeanor and political persuasion and open to people who have good ideas, positive characters they want to share with the world and hearts and minds full of good ethical values. It would be nice to create such characters in modern times and discover that we don’t need to go back 2000 years to the Old Testament of the Bible to find salvation, save souls and reach people in a Positive Way. I don’t think such a business creation is impossible.  In fact, I  know it is possible, it is just finding people with open hearts and caring and thoughtful minds. IT is not as hard as I have made it seem.  I have had a great deal of difficulty, but I know many others who have NOT had such trouble and difficulty connecting with Progressives who want to invest. 

On a personal note, while I truly feel that marrying whoever a person wants to marry is certainly reasonable and best in a pluralistic society such as the one we live in, I also feel that marrying White males should be reserved for the White males who are of the highest quality and ethical truths and values. I see some Black males with White women who are NOT the best women, no matter what color they are. I never met either of your husbands, but I sure liked you paired with Billy Dee Williams in ``Lady Sings the Blues,'' and ``Mahogany.'' You two were an on-screen dynamic duo. You should have given us a Tracy and Hepburn phenomenon and did maybe another six films together.  I was disturbed when you crossed the color line in your personal life, but that may well have been my own racism and my own prejudice clicking in. These are certainly personal choices and decisions that people have every right to make. {I have worked through my own prejudice ideas for years with therapy and self-teaching, and although I have White friends, I also know the cultural and ethnic Spirit root of people and how they differ along racial lines. This cannot be denied or refuted. It has been proven by many writers, researchers and anthropologists. You should read some of the books by Doctor Malefi Asante and discover for yourself what I’m talking about. There is also a fantastic book called ``African World Revolution,'' By Historian John H. Clarke that you really MUST take the time to read.  It is a life-changing book for Africans to read...  } At the same time, look at the beautiful nature those White men left you in the form of your children. Maybe GOD knows what She is doing!!!

I am still seething inside about how you did not win the Oscar for ``Lady Sings the Blues.'' {Now, that shows what a fool I am to still be mad and unforgiving after what, forty years? SILLY!!!} It would be a wonderful idea if the Academy gave you an award for your role in ``Lady Sings the Blues,'' even though they skipped you the first time out. I thought at the time that this was racism pure and simple.  It is something I have never been able to let go of. You were far beyond superb that year in that particular film and the powers that be in Hollywood would have recognized that if you were a White actress. The fact that you were NOT recognized and then soon after that stopped making movies all together has always been a thorn in my proverbial side. I probably need to let that go more than you do, because you have most of what you want and have had a very good and rewarding life, I am sure. Then when they [The Hollywood Types] blamed your movie ``The Whiz,’’ for box office poison and curtailed the Black Film era--known as the Black Exploitation Era in Hollywood--``because'' of  ``the Whiz's'' failure at the box office--well it just all became too much to deal with for Me. But as you know, the backbiting and negativity on the Hollywood scene is just part of the scene there. If YOU have forgiven them, deep, deep down inside, I guess that will do for me. 

To end this letter I want to talk about a concept for shopping that I have created called ``The Knowledge Hut Stores.''  This Progressive concept is to have an on-line store that caters to the youth market, but that ONLY sells them products that are of merit and high ethical value such as DVD's that teach an ethical lesson or bring up self-esteem standards; CD's that do the same and don't include racist, sexist, homophobic lyrics; posters of African American and Latin and White Progressive Sheroes and Heroes; books about Black, Latin and Progressive White history--accurate History, and other topics that will build good solid human values, humanity, a good Spirit, and Great character traits and Positive values such as responsibility, obeying the law, staying in school and achieving in school, listening to parents, guardians and grandparents when they are correct and hearing out responsible peers. Other such values need be explored also.  We also MUST find good books and videos that teach other ethical values such as being against bullying, and working through problems by problem solving and crisis intervention instead of getting physically violent, copping an attitude and being negative.  We also want to have access to good social and psychiatric references for any student or youth that might be having trouble adjusting.  We are starting this as an on-line store, but I think the concept will grow steadily over time.  I have an Executive Summary about this and the costs that I think you will be interested in reading.

I hope you will log onto my BLOG: The Politics of real by clicking here: http://thepoliticsofreal.blogspot.com and discover other ideas and concepts and components of my philosophy, business and work.  There is a resume there and much else that you might want to take a few moments from your busy day to read.  I thank you for the time you have taken to read this.  Best wishes to you and much luck...


With Respect, Peace and Blessings,




Brother Tracy Gibson...
President and Founder of:
The Black Millionaire's Network
Post Office Box 42878
Philadelphia, PA 19101

1.215.471.64.94

BlockBoi75@Yahoo.Com

Post Script: I have to say one other thing: That is the part about the other ``person'' that Robert Mason respects and loves, more even than you and that would be GOD Herself.  I am putting Her last, because it says in the Bible that the Last Will Be First and I can thing of no greater entity than Her to go first than GOD Herself. I am sure I don't need to aggrandize on and on about how Great GOD is, but I Will say that GOD is in ALL the GOOD things we do and ALL the correct and loving things we do. When we say GOD is Busy, active and Alive--that is how She is busy, active and alive. She works through people.  If we keep destroying each other we keep destroying GOD.  When we love each other we LOVE and pay respect to GOD. I suggest we ALL keep Her happy because otherwise, well She doesn't always play fair when it comes to socking the people She doesn't like out of the BOX--so we need to listen up, go to church or Mosque or Synagogue, or where ever we worship, and make sure we Give Her the honor and props She needs and deserves.  Robert Mason may not have been lucky at love, but He is a man who REALLY LOVES GOD!!!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment