Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Concept of Resonable Gun Laws is NOT Controversial......

There has been yet another rampage of gun violence in Colorado {And now Connicticut}. This time in a crowded movie theater at a ``Batman'' Premier. {This time actually at an elementary school} Does this all sound familyer??? I won't go into the details. Suffice it to say, if we as Black people gave just $5.00 a year to either the www.BradyCampaign.Org or started our own anti-gun advocacy group {There may be one, I haven't done the research as yet}..... We could make the National Rifle Association {NRA} a thing of a past or at least an organization that is basically a Toothless Tiger because we would, as a people, be armed with the truth about what the facts are on this issue. {Progressives WHites and people of all color who are progressive need to support resonable gun control as Well}... The endless violence that occurs in our country is shameful and it wouldn't have to happen if we stood up and did something about it besides read the horrible news in the papers and went back to work the next day. I will give my $2.00 to the Brady Campaign in October, when my budget will allow it. What are you going to do? If 200,000 Black people just gave $2.00 once in their lives, that would be $400,000.00. Believe me the Brady Campaign could do a great deal of work with that money. They could advocate for better fairer gun laws; actually get positive and progressive legislation passed; and pay for a positive ad campaign to bring up the level of public awareness. I am too lazy to do the research to find out of there is a Black group that works on researching Gun Laws for Black people, so let me know if you hear of any. I can be reached at: BLockBoi75@Yahoo.Com or call me at: 1.215.471.64.94...




No comments:

Post a Comment