Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

a studio / community film project.....

Dear Disney Studios; MGM; Lion's Gate Studios; Paramount Pictures;Dream Works Pictures; Sony Pictures; The Black Film Project as Well as Others:

An Open Letter of a Personal Nature.....

Also: to any other studio that has the heart to listen...

This is a matter that impacts on the Black and Latin and other People of Colour Communities across the country and also poor, disabled and disenfranchised people of all and every race trying to make a buck in our Nation...

As you know, there are a great many movie kiosk now located in people of color communities. Instead of them, why not get some money into the needy hands of Black, Latin and poor people egar to make some money in an honest fashion.   There is also a great deal of piracy of major North American films in these areas as Well.  I was sitting and thinking one day and I came up with the idea of the Major North American studios presenting a program for the country where anyone could sell major north American films to the public and make a few cents off of each copy of each film sold.  {About $1.50 [a dollar fifty cents] from each DVD sold sounds reasonable to me}...  This sounds perfectly legitimate to me because the studios could set up the program{s} and it would mean greater sales of legitimate main stream movies AND more money in the pockets of inner city and suburban people [especially youths] as well as other people from across the country. These would not be pirated films, but films sold through a program that the studios themselves set up. The studios would set up the amount of money they wanted to pay each Community Studio Representative for the sale of the movies.  

This program would have two very much desired positive effects. 1} There would be a lot less criminalization of Black and Latin men who generally sell these films [pirated versions] in inner city areas {I am guessing that poor White men sell them in suburban areas as Well and are equally criminalized...} They would have a legitimate job and would not be such a nusense to the police and other city officials like they are for sure in the WEST Philadelphia area where I reside, for example, right now. 2} The program would cut back on the amount of money the studios are losing from piracy--which by some estimations is quite an elephant-like sum of money, I am told. 

All I'm asking is that you allow me to promote my financial-soundness program through the Black Millionaire's Network along with the promotion of the films you will be providing.  This is not a marketing trick or a ploy. It is a legitimate attempt to get fuller employment in our inner city and suburban areas [especially for Black and Latin youth and such young adults]; and an attempt to stop some of the graft and corruption that takes place in our Nation everyday {I am talking about the piracy here.}.  I made this offer to many studios before and I never received a legitimate response or any response at all--to my knowledge..... I would like a response now.  I am sure we can work together on this project / program in a positive, proasctive  Way that will bring a great positive result to all involved including the studios, the Community Studio Representatives and the so-called oppressed communities as Well....  Thank you for your consideration and your positive thoughts.

LOVe, Peace and Blessings over the Holiday Season To You and Your Family,

Brother Tracy Gibson
Visionary --Businessman-- Fund Raiser


Contact me through:
The Black Millionaire's Network
Post Office Box 42878
Philadelphia, PA 19101

1.215.471.64.94



Post Script: This whole process could work for legitimate CD's as Well...


Copyright warnings and infringements from ``It's Your Biz,'' By Susan Wilson Solovic, with Ellen R. Kadin and a forward by Edie Weiner. Page 150...


``Because I write many columns and blog posts for a variety of companies and media organizations, I use search-engine tools to alert me if anyone is picking up and using my material. Some people have literally copied my writing and presented it as their own, even though this is an obvious copyright infringement. There are both civil and criminal penalties for copyright violations, and the severity of the penalties depends on the situation.''

No comments:

Post a Comment