Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Resume From Brother Tracy...

Resume

Resume Philosophy: I feel that with the job market flooded the way it is, I might as well tell my full story and try to get a JOB that way, as opposed to only giving a brief sketch in my resume, the way the job professionals want one to do. This way, if there is something a possible employer doesn't like he or she can just pass me by instead of wasting his or her time and mine with an interview. Also: the professional JOB finders say to Never, EVER let a potential employer know about your ethnic background. I find this silly and ridiculous. Any potential employer who will NOT respect me as a Black man doesn't deserve to even consider gett


I AM--Brother Tracy Gibson - Consultant - Businessman - Educator – Editor- Writer - Visionary - Organizer-Child and Youth Advocate-International Progressive Activist - Fund Raiser; 213 South 49th Street, Philadelphia, Penn 19139-4205; Phone: 1.215.471.64.94; E-Mail Address: BLockBoi75@Yahoo.Com

OBJECTIVE:

Make my businesses profitable and expand; and / or find suitable work as a staff diversity consultant; or a staff consultant for community outreach, youth issues and services; work on Peace, Education and Prosperity issues for the poor and left out; fund raising; writing; and / or Public Relations and / or Promotional Work...

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

Brother Tracy Gibson And Associates, Inc.; April of 2002 to the Present. {And Subsidiaries} Planning, researching, reconstructing, building my businesses and developing and implementing policy for our parent company {Brother Tracy Gibson And Associates, Inc. }--a growing Public Relations, Marketing, Research, Advertising, Community Relations and Education firm dedicated to and specializing in developing survival tactics for people of color {especially Black People} and other economically disenfranchised groups so such groups can flourish into the future; filing the proper papers with local, state and federal agencies and NGO's to continue to carry on in a legal and legitimate manner; place advertising to expand and stabilize profitability and to generate and expand on our client base; bring our Wed Page back on line {www.btganda.com}; advocating for progressive causes in Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Delaware and Washington, D.C. and other locations within the U.S. and points around the World; Planning to Obtain and maintain Our office space and staff; expand on staff and train youth, young Adults as well as other job seekers in the community; generating management and leadership skills etc.

PROGRESSIVE WRITING HISTORY:

I presently have a Blog: ``The Politics of Real'' which can be accessed by clicking onto: http://thepoliticsofreal.blogspot.com I have also written for several other publications including: ``The Black Star,'' ``The Leon Williams Journal'' ``The Walnut Hill Community Association's Newsletter,'' {I served as the editor for One year}; ``SBC Magazine''; ``Au Courant Newspaper''; and ``Male Box Magazine.'' From March of 2001 to Present.

OTHER JOB HISTORY:

Careers USA: 18th and JFK Boulevard Philadelphia, Penn--Edited law briefs and other legal documents such as Wills. Also: Provided registration materials for Doctors attending a National Cancer Conference; and did clerical work in a psychiatrist's office. I also served as a male receptionist for the Jewish Federation of Organizations. 1995 to 2001.

TV Guide Magazine: Manhattan, New York; and Radnor, Penn. Wrote and Edited TV listings and program evaluations as I became literate on a new and innovative computer system. January 1981 through November 1995.

BUSINESS EXPERIENCE:

As part of My life-Long Business Experiences I served as a cashier for various Department Stores including: Staples, Macy's, Gimbals and Sears.. I also started my work career by working at McDonald's in West Philadelphia {40th and Walnut Street} when I was 16; and also worked at McDonald's temporarily, part time {for about a year} to help pay for college expenses during my years at The Ohio State University { September 1974 to August 1978} in Columbus, Ohio...

LIFE'S JOURNEY:

I had the significant and dignified honor of helping care for my elderly Mother, Mrs. Jessie M. Gibson, before she left this place of existence on June 5th, 2006. It took a great deal of coordination, work, dedication, Love, endurance, and most of all courage in dealing with a sometimes hostile Health Care System and also dealing positively with limited finances. I learned a great deal through this process. My Mother was a fantastic lady who believed strongly in education and helping the less fortunate. She taught me many life lessons, including NOT to hold grudges against people, and to Love people even when they are wrong or have different ideas than I do. I also learned that to be human is to honor human life. Recently I helped tend to my Father's Health Care needs { Mr. Charles S. Gibson } who was 85 when he passed away on Hospice Care at home on July 10th, 2012. Dad helped me to care about people's basic needs while still being frugal and responsible. He was a dedicated and concerned Landlord for most of his life.

EDUCATION:

* On May 31, 2012, I completed the Business Plan Development Program--a ten-Week course--at Temple University's Small Business Development Center at 1510 Cecil B. Moore Avenue, Suite 200, Philadelphia, Penn 19121. My instructor was Ms. Cynthia Moultrie. We still have a process to go through that puts the finishing touches on our Business Plans. ``The Knowledge Hut Business Plan’’ can be found on my Blog.

* I also attended the Delaware Money School to learn more about personal finance, thrift and budgeting from January 2008 to August 2010.

* I also took continuing Studies Classes at the Pan African Studies Community Education Program at Temple University where I studied: personal finance and budgeting; civil liberties law; housing rehabilitation { I was a landlord for 25 years}; alternative music industry analysis and progressive rap music indium's; the advantages of the vegetarian lifestyle and vegetarian cooking. At Temple University's Center City office I took: Business Management. I also took classes in basic English and Research at Community College to brush up on my skills. January 2002 through March 2010.

*Graduate School -- Temple University--13th and Berks--Philadelphia Penn. September 1980 through January 1982. Studied communications, script writing and journalism after being awarded a scholarship from the Scripps-Howard Foundation in 1981. I have NOT received my Master's Degree at this point.

*The Ohio State University, Columbus Ohio September 1974 through August 1978. Received a B.A. in Journalism and Public Relations with a Minor in Black Studies.

PERSONAL AND COMMUNITY ACHIEVEMENTS:

• I have served as a Leading Member and an officer of a Same Gender Loving Black male organization / support group for several years. I helped chair meetings; facilitate meetings; develop meeting topics; and host meetings in my home for over seven years. I also helped found Adodi Philadelphia Inc., and was a leading core member for this support group and support system for Same Gender Loving Black Men. Adodi has since evolved into a National Organization that holds a National Retreat each year at different locations. They also hold different constructive meetings and workshops during the year.

• Served as an official Philadelphia Block Captain for the 4600 Block of Sansom Street for seven years when I lived on that block. In elementary school {Lea Elementary School at 47th and Walnut Street, in West Philadelphia} I served as a Crossing Guard and a Hall Monitor. {I have always been concerned about people’s safety.}

• I am presently slowly implementing a youth employment and empowerment program for my corporation in the neighborhood in which I live and am seeking grant money and investors to help with the financing and implementation.

*I received a Community Service Award from Men of All Colors Together of Philadelphia in April of 2005.

* I ran unsuccessfully as a write-in candidate for the U.S. Senate from Pennsylvania in 2005.

*I served on the Board of Directors of the African American Freedom and Reconstruction League for one year {The League was constructed as a result of the positive energy that matriculated from the Million Man March in October of 1996. They develop strategies to advocate for the Black community's inclusion in getting Our fair share of the Economic Pie in America through creating community initiatives that generate support for the community itself. The League also holds an annual luncheon to respectfully recognize the work our elders are doing to uphold the community and the community’s positive values.}

• I also served on the Board of Friends of Somafco for seven years {Friends of Somafco delivers support services such as educational assistance; and food for the temporarily disenfranchised {especially youth} in South Africa through Rosie's Kitchen a soup kitchen in that African Nation.} They once ran a school in South Africa while I was on the Board.

TRAVEL: I traveled to Cuba, South Africa, Canada, Porto Rico and various points within the United States such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Denver, Colorado, and Aspen, Colorado; Columbus, Dayton and Cleveland, Ohio; Miami, Florida; and New York City {mostly Manhattan and Brooklyn} in my continuing journey to learn and grow.

SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:

* I am available to speak on a number of topics. Please call about availability and topics.

* I gave a full report to the public at Philadelphia's Paul Robeson House after my trip to South Africa to attend the World Conference Against Racism in August of 2001.

* I presented a Major Academic Speaker to the Public concerning the latest upheaval in Haiti after the fall of that Nation's dictator, Baby Doc Duvale.

Possible Speaking Topics: 1) Why Black America Will soon come around to Supporting Gay and Lesbian Marriage; 2) A Healthy Environment; 3) Working--Or NOT--in North America; 4) Homophobia in the Black Community and How and When to Stand Up To It...

EXPECTED PUBLICATIONS:

We are expecting to publish two books in Early February of 2013. The first book is a book of poetry that is derived from the anger and frustration many Black men righteously feel about being left out of the economic development and financial advancement taking place for a ``select few'' in our country instead of ALL the people. The book of poetry is entitled: ``Let the Children Gather: A Fantasy World of Real Life Poems,'' and features over 100 original poems written by Brother Tracy Gibson. We are hoping they will also spark interests among Black youth, both male and female, to go forward and read more books that are of great value and significance for us as Black and often oppressed people. The second book is entitled: ``A Grass-Roots Criteria for Liberation: Writing in Wet Cement.'' This book is dedicated to the forward motion of Black youth especially, but includes many stories and anecdotes {intertwined with my own life's story} that much of the Progressive Community of social activists, environmentalists, Peace Activists and humanitarians should find interesting and inspiring. We are hoping that many Black and Latin youth especially will find it enjoyable to read and that its pages will help instill positive, progressive social values; positive political and social education and knowledge; law-abiding behavior and good solid ethical behavior among the youth who read it. We are hoping this book will also instill the value of good literature among Black and Latin youth--especially males, but females as well, and help keep them out of trouble with the law--as it helps to transform them into good, hard-working, positive-value oriented, responsible, reliable and community-centered men and women with the help of positive intervention by responsible parents and / or guardians. We hope our books will help our youth be of greater value and an asset to our community instead of a detriment.

OTHER COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:

I have a deep concern for the community in which I live and I want to see people of ALL races who have been left out of the process become included in the process towards positive development, a clean environment, sustainability and economic and social equality. I have written literally hundreds of letters to Civic Leaders, Community Leaders, Political Leaders, entertainers, business People, clergy, government officials, and so forth, in an effort to promote the issues of oppressed youth and oppressed people throughout the world; the left out and the economically disenfranchised; the underdog; and those who might not be able to advocate for themselves. Groups I have advocated for include [But are NOT limited to} : The poor or economically disenfranchised; Same Gender Loving people of Color; Black, Latin and other disenfranchised people and youth; the Elderly; Women and Muslim women of color; Black youth; and people of ALL races who have been left out of the process toward political and economic freedom, hope and equality….

OVERCOMING ADVERSITY:

I was diagnosed as a person with bipolar illness in 1982 / 1983 and managed to work and / or go to school for about 15 years after that before I went on disability. I had many up and down points and was hospitalized. I haven't been hospitalized for the last 15 years, and although I'm on disability, I have worked hard on writing my own books; reading and researching numerous issues; starting a corporation dedicated to the advancement and reconstruction of Black Youth; and caring for elderly parents. I have also, as you can see above, dedicated myself to a great deal of social activism. I want to get back in the workforce and I would like to do so, most of all, as a consultant, or as the leader of my own corporation. I am a hard worker, a dedicated worker and an honest person. I have recently had a bout with the authorities due to my impoverished state and had some minor charges dismissed {they were for defiant trespass during an incident at Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station with Amtrack Police officials…} I do not let such obvious harassment stop my plans or sway my path. I hope you will take me on as a consultant. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.


No comments:

Post a Comment