Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Clinched ...


My Clinched Fist
A Poem By Brother Tracy Gibson
Yes I Clinch My Fist
From Time to time...
It is out of respect for the many
Hundreds of Black
People who have made things
Easier for me...
Or who died for me in the struggle
\Or in the Middle Passage
[Thies bones now at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean]
It is to shake thing up for
The ``too comfortable''
And let the oppressor
Know who I am
and What I want
And that I am far from satisfied and that I am unfraid
Of his bullets, bombs and bayonets
It is for people who
Have paved the road and the Way, though it
Still be bumpy at times,
For me to follow
It is for people like.....
Those on my Freedom Wall:
Ms. A Harris
Aretha Franklin
Samuel F. Yette
Robert Mason
The Late Writer / Visionary / College Professor Manning Marable
Bradley Manning -- [Who may well be being tortured as I write this...]
Delbert Africa
Denise Nichols
Trent Pettus
Chancellor Williams
Brother Tracy Gibson
Vicky Wilmore [For the Courage to be a Grandmother to Nine Black male children]
Author Leslie Peterson
Ms. Iola Nelson-Harper
Ms. Kim Nelson
My eight Adopted SOns
The African American Freedom And Reconstruction League
My Eight Little Cousins and the REst of My Family
Charles S. Gibson And Beverly McCullough
Filmmaler Michael Moore
Steven Biko
Charles Ogaltree
Given Shakur and Sons
Marcus Garvey
Keith Bright
Muhammad Ali
Sistah Claudia [Aziza] Gibson Hunter
Huey P. Newton
Doctor Keith Hunter
The Liberation Book Store
Dennis J. Kucinich
Marie Nelson
Barbara Lee
Art and Stevie, and John Speer
Brother Brian Robinson and Brother Carlos Carter of UFCCP
Charles Gilpin
Brother Denzel Washington
Pastor Jeffery Haskins
Chris Blandfor from Adodi Philadelphia
Greg Reis
Gregory Jones and His Lover
Minnie Ripperton
Boris
Brother Paul Darling
BJ Tillman
Kamau Hunter
Jeffery Osborn
Anoa Hunter
Sistah Rosita Johnson
Minister Rodney Muhammad
Sistah Debbie Moore
Author Walter ROdney
Erth, WInd and FIre...
Mother Charlotte from UFCCP
Tyrone Smith
Doctor Ben
Minister Louis Farrakhan
Reverend Jesse Jackson
Chikh Anta Diop
The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr.
Attorney / Activist Michael Coard
Earl Graves III
Medgar Evers
Chaney, Swerner Etc.
The FOuor Little Girls
Ms. Carris Engram
Reverend Al Sharpton
Wanda Wheeler
Brother Bruce Harvey
Brother Aaron DOnnerson
Brother Steve from Adodi
Delmar Thompson
Brother Haynes
Elsie Erwin
Sistah Gwyn Lawrence
Arthur A. Edens
Eve Thornton and Her Husband Levy
Cheryl and DOn FIscher
Godfrey Sithole
Ella Baker
Rosa Parks
The Queen Mother of South Africa Winnie Mandela
Senator Robert F. Kennedy
Senator Paul Wellstone
Malcolm X
Cynthia McKinney
Filmmaker Mrlon Roggs
The Honorable Elijah Muhammad
James Baldwin
Paul Robeson
Essex Hemphill
Harold Washington
Reverend Paul Washington
Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis
Clifford A. Rawlins
Ida B. Wells
Darrell Waters
Bill Smith
bell hooks
Old Time Activist and Trouble Maker Bill Hill
[Who was like a Father to Me]
Berta Jobert
The SIster who Started the New Democratic Party Down South
And Walked out on the 1964 COnvention
Charles Harp
Yupac Chakur
Michael Otis
Common
Stokley Carmichael
Maurics Bioshop
Ernesto Che Guevarar
Sister Falaka Fattah
Angela Davis
Ernesto Philpotts
Caesar Chavez
Asada Shakur
The Reverend Leon Sullivan
Spike Lee
Writer Joe Beam
Bishop Desmond Tutu
Bishop Carl Bean
AIDS Activist Arnold Jackson
Poet Audre Lorde
Patrice Lumumba
Professor John Henrik Clarke
Jose Martine
Hugo Chavez
Binta Edwards
Ardie Brown
Phylicia Rashad
Phillis  Hyman
Phyllis Wheatley
Harriet Tubman
Zachariah Jones
Gwendolyn Brooks
David P. Richardson
Pattie LaBelle
Senator Chris Coons
Senator Russ Feingold
Brother Rob Gray and Sister Silvia Gray
Maisha Sullivan
Aunt Helen Peterson
Mao Se Tung
Aunt Doris Thornton
Oaula Peoples
Daniel Ortega
Author Eduardo Galeano
Uncle Irv Thornton
and
Charlene Arcila
Sarah Burton
Cheryl Smith
Audrey Skeete
Mother Doris Lofton
and
Author Frantz Fanon
Mrs. Jessie M. Gibson.....
The Nation of Islam
Poet Sistah Sonya Sanchez
And Many Others too many to mention
It is for their continuing legacy
That I raise my Fist and
Fi=or this I do NOT apologize.....!!
But Remember, my fist,
Like the Thousands of other clinched fists,
Are not clinched
All the time.....
We also lend a hand where there os
a Fire or a disaster and open our hands
When the collection plae comes around
in church.....
We also pass the food around when there are needy people
in our midst...
We also stretch out our hands
And our arms to hug the ones we LOVe
And Care for
We also spend money with our hands,
in Black Communities.....
and at Black stores
Our hands are NOT always clinched...
But a time will come when you will
Realize in a steady and on-going fashion
The work that we have done
To help you maintain that job you are so satisfied with
OR
That job you hate and want to give up...
[It is a job none the less]
So let us do our Job....
And Our Work 
nd Clinch our fists at times.....
It is Well and Necessary
Freedom To The People NOW!!!
I clinch my fist.......
With PRide, Dignity and a Positive Temperament
I clinch my fost
As long as there is a foot on my neck
With Pride, Digniety and Positive Temperamant
I am Proud to be Gay
I have the Dignity of a Black man who sprang
from The Ancients
I have the Positive Temperament
of a man who wants to see and is dedicated to positive change
TODAY!!!
NOT Tomorrow or next week.........
A clinched fist is NOT something to scuff at or take lightly.....
Anger, defiance, oilitical resentment and oppression
Are all serious business
And harsh realities for far too many people on the face of
this great earth...
YES!!
I RAISE
AND
Clinch
My Fists!!
Get Used to IT!!!
Get Over IT!!!
And
MOVE on With Me to Help Others to see why
I Clinch My Fist.....
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

















No comments:

Post a Comment