Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

To the Brother with the Cigarette and the Cup-of-Coffee....

There was a Brother waiting for the bus, I think I ended up taking the 42, as it were, at Broad and Walnut Street, in Philadelphia.  He had a cup of coffee in his hand and was smoking a cigarette.  I concluded, without any research or interview of the gentleman, that he probably had heart ailments and other problems surrounding the heart, because he was over weight and because he was smoking and drinking coffee.  The coffee might have been decaf, which might have been a little better.  You might be wondering what the heck I cared for.  Well, there are a few reasons.  First and foremost, He is a Brother so I should care.  We have to all start caring about each other and our children or I'm afraid we might all be in for a spot of trouble.  Second, I care because it is people like him who raise the cost of health care for us all by not being more reasonable and responsible about health and health issues.  We all need to, and I know you have heard it all before from the First Lady and others, but let me suck up a bit to Her in case it helps, we all need to be more reasonable about getting exercise and eating less highly saturated fat, salt, processed foods, sugar, and more organic vegetables, less pork and less fatty beef.  We would all be a lot better off and the general cost of health care would go down considerably over about 10 years if we were mostly more responsible about food intake, smoking and exercise--I know you have heard this all before...  So, to the gentleman with the cigarette and the coffee, you might look innocent and you might be enjoying that cigarette, but I'm sick of paying for your heart attacks when I go to apply for health care.  There is the new electronic cigarette and there are programs to quit smoking. You don't look cool with that thing in your mouth anyway.   Words from the wise from the Wisdom Seeker.

God Bless you for taking the time for reading this note.  have an enjoyable Christmas and a Happy New Year.  I weight 249.8 pounds and I have a lot of weight to lose, about 20 to 30 pounds.  This will help my self-image and self-esteem and maybe help me feel ready to date again.  But stuffing the Kit Kats in my mouth that my roommate left home in the fridge was not the way to go yesterday, but that is what I did, so don't think I think I am perfect by any stretch of the imagination. GOD Bless you again.

Peace and Blessings,

Brother Tracy Gibson.....

No comments:

Post a Comment